Saturday, October 17, 2009

A GOURMET EULOGY



I, like many of you, was shocked when I heard that Gourmet magazine was going out of print after nearly 70 years of publication. It's always been such a source of inspiration for me and it's a tragic end to such a beautiful homage of food and photography alike. I will be holding on to whatever issues I still have - tucked away in various places - and return to them often when I feel a sudden strike of culinary whim.
Please take a few minutes to hear Pulitzer Prize winner and LA Weekly food writer, Jonathon Gold's eulogy of Gourmet. It also offers other insights to the ever-changing food publishing forum, even the diminishing trend of food blogging. Very interesting!

Note: This Jonathon Gold piece begins about 4 minutes into this podcast.

No comments: