Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bottega Louie














I have just returned home from a girls' day out, (minus one - pneumonia), in downtown Los Angeles, which comprised of shopping and eating - my two very favorite things. I don't go downtown often, but luckily I was accompanied by my dear friend, Harriet, who works, (and eats), there 5 days a week. So, when our stomachs started growling and we had shopped sufficiently, she suggested we have lunch at Bottega Louie - the hip, new Dean and Deluca-meets-a-Parisian-cafe-on-steroids restaurant on Grand Ave. Louie features a wood burning pizza oven, bakery, patisserie, full bar, gourmet dry and prepared foods, fine wine and cheeses. It is beautifully designed, with stark white walls, an immensely tall ceiling and detail-oriented everything. It's the kind of place where you walk in and just know that the food is good, so it's only a matter of choosing something and then just sitting back and enjoying yourself. Which happens to be exactly what we did!
















You can only imagine my elation when I discovered that I actually had my camera with me. I immediately started to snap some shots and a quick look over the menu. We ordered off of the breakfast menu - Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and the Farmer's Market Breakfast (2 poached eggs, along with baby beets, haricot verts, potato, shitake mushrooms and roasted cherry tomatoes), both for $11. Then we ordered from the bar a Bloody Mary for me, ($6 and delicious), and Harriet had a mimosa ($12, equally as delicious). After this, the camera was forgotten and the talking began and didn't stop until we sadly parted ways.
All that was missing, was our girl. Get well, Yvette!

































































































No comments: